From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing Multiple cDAQ-9188 Chassis with mixed DSA Modules

Hello all,

My current test setup consists of two cDAQ-9188 chassis. Each chassis contains two 9237 modules as well as 3 9219 modules. In addition one chassis holds a 9234, and the other a 9211. Due to the test arrangement it is prefferential to keep the chassis layout as indicated. Testing is to be done over a 4-5 hour duration at no more than 500 Hz. Would it still be practical to synchrnoize the chassis using the PFI lines?

Also I also have an additional 9181 chassis, could/should I use a digitial output card in that chassis to drive the other two (for less signal drift?)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,699 Views)

The 9237 and 9234 operate using on module precision clocks.  You cannot provide an external clock to drive these modules (DSA type modules are high precision and require high accuracy onboard oscillators). 

You can use the PFI lines on the chassis to start the chassis at the same time.  You should expect minimal drift between the two chassis over the 4 hour period. 

Regards

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,698 Views)