Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of input and output

Hello 

I have a piezoelectric actuator and sensor on an aluminum plate. And I would like to synchronize my analog input and output. That is, as soon as I excite my PZT actuator, I will start getting data from the PZT sensor. I am using a PXI module and acquiring data with 6396 multifunction input output module. However, I am getting the following error message. I am not sure why the error is showing.

I am quite new in labview data acquisition and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(669 Views)

1. I'd venture that you aren't satisfying your analog triggering conditions.  The AI task won't start sampling until those have been met.

2. Given your desire to sync, maybe you shouldn't be bothering with AI triggering at all?  Without triggering, AI's first sample will be in sync with AO's first sample because it uses the AO sample clock and AO is started last.

3. Another change I'd recommend is to read 10000 samples per loop iteration instead of 100.  A good rule of thumb for continuous acquisition is to read about 1/10 second worth of samples per loop.  Right now you're trying to make down through the driver and then also update a chart on the GUI at a 1000 Hz rate (100 samples at a time with 100000 Hz sample rate).   Reading 10000 samples at a time reduces the attempted loop rate to a much more manageable 10 Hz.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(631 Views)

Thank you so much Kevin_price. I will try those and see...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(627 Views)