Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync 9215 ai and 9263 ao in cDaq-9174 chassis

I have a cDAQ-9174 chassis with 9215 ai, 9263 ao, 9481 relay and 9211 temperature modules.  

I develop in C++ with the NI-DAQmx ANSI C lib.

Is there a way to sync ai and ao without, say, a hardware digital line to trigger both?  I've used DAQmxCfgDigEdgeStartTrig on other systems but neither 9215 nor 9263 appears to have the hardware for that, so I'm hoping for another solution ?  

Any help would be appreciated!

Piet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,046 Views)

Hi Piet,

Have you checked out the DAQmx cDAQ Sync VI's and Functions?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370469AB-01/lvdaqmx/palsystemsetup/

Mason M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Thanks Mason, but I don't really see anything that I can use there. I have run DAQmxGetDevAITrigUsage() and DAQmxGetDevAOTrigUsage() and know that the 9215 supports pause, reference and start triggers and the 9263 pause and start triggers. My problem is what to trigger them with. Can one use a counter with the chassis backplane providing connections, and if one can, how? In short, what do I replace DAQmxCfgDigEdgeStartTrig(...) with in my hardware configuration?

I'm probable not optimised yet, but my current trigger-less code gives ≈10ms delay varying by ≈1ms between the ai and ao task starts.

Thanks

Piet

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,010 Views)

I finally figured it out (everybody else probably thought I did not want the obvious solution :-)) and it works like a charm.

The attached file lists relevant code snippets from various part of the app.

Piet

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,000 Views)