cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain Gauge: Calibrate, Trigger, and Write to File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm new to labVIEW so please bare with me.  My title says what I'm trying to do.  I want to capture strain gauge data using a trigger and write that data to a file.  However I also want to be able to calibrate the strain gauges. 

My attached program reads the data correctly with the trigger and saves it to a file, however it does not calibrate correctly.  If I run the program multiple times and press the "calibrate" button each time, the gauges do eventually get calibrated after two or three iterations. 

Is there a way to modify the program so that the gauges are calibrated and then data can be triggered and written to the file?

I'm using LabVIEW 8.6 and NI DAQmx 8.8.

Also attached is a screenshot of the front pannel. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bentz

Alright I figured it out but I'm not completely sure why this works.  All I did was remove the condition loop around the calibrate blocks and the program works beautifully.  All I have to do is wait about 20 seconds before I hit the trigger for the calibration to complete, and my gauges will be calibrated when I fire the trigger. 

This program works very well for this application.  However it is difficult to modify because all of the parameters are constants in the block diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,000 Views)