From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous sampling using SCXI

Hi,

I want simultaneous sampling using SCXI.

Currently I am using PXI-1052 combo Chassis. In which we can put 3 PXI modules and SCXI.

The SCXI modules used are SCXI-1112 (2 modules) and SCXI-1102C.

Currently the acquisition using SCXI is not simultaneous.

I want to make it simultaneous sampling

How can I make the SCXI to sample simultaneously? Can anyone help me up?

Thanks in advance...

Into the pursuit...
Maverick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,840 Views)

SCXI modules rely on multiplexing with a high scan rate allowing for thousands of channels to be routed to a single A/D (the A/D in your DAQ).

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,832 Views)

Hello Sreepratap,

SCXI modules can be used in parallel mode with simultaneous sampling DAQ devices. The use of multiplexed mode is not supported. In order to cable the communicating SCXI module to the simultaneously sampled DAQ card, you will need both an SCXI-1349 and SH68-68-EP cable (SHC68-68-EPM for X-series). Note: In Parallel mode, each channel of the SCXI module is routed to an individual channel of the DAQ device. Thus, if the DAQ device has less input channels than the SCXI module, you will have unused channels on the SCXI module. For example, if you use an S series device with 4 input channels and an SCXI module with 8 input channels, only the lower 4 channels (i.e. ai0, ai1, ak2, ai3) will be available for sampling.

In order to run in parallel mode a cable must be connected from the front of the controlling data acquisition (DAQ) card to the back of the SCXI module. For this reason, only PXI/SCXI Combo Chassis where the backplane of the SCXI is open can be used in parallel mode.

Combo Chassis that Support SCXI Modules in Parallel Mode

• PXI-1010
  • PXI-1050

Combo Chasssi Which Do Not Support SCXI Modules in Parallel Mode

• PXI-1011
  • PXI-1052

Hope this helps .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,821 Views)
The OP uses a 1052 chassis, so parallel is not going to work unless I am mistaken. By "multiplexing" I meant that the SCXI scans the inputs and they get routed to a single A/D in most scenarios.
Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 05-07-2010 07:16 AM
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,810 Views)