Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous acquisition of more than 1 analog signals at the same time

Hello,

I am trying to acquire two signals at the two different  analog input ports at the same time in synchronous manner.But when I do it I'm getting I get the error"

Hardware-Timed, Non-Buffered Analog Acquisition". So, please help me to do the continuous simultaneous acquisition of more than one analog inputs at the same time.

Also please provide some references for the solution , if possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,397 Views)

you'll probably need to give more information about your system (what DAQ device are you using?, Are you using LabVIEW, C, Visual Studio, Signal Express?)

Here's a quick link to get you started with Measurement and Automation Explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,396 Views)

Hello,

I'm using the NI USB 6259 multifunctionaL DAQ.I am currently working on the LabVIEW 8.5.1.And the Operating System is Windows 7.

Please feel free to ask any details, if needed , to solve the problem

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,383 Views)

Please post your code, so we can have a look at it.

Just to do an experiment, you may run MAX, locate your DAQ under "devices and interfaces", and click on create task. Then, select "acquire signal", "analog input", and whatever fits your application...

DAQ assistant is, of course, available also from the Labview palette.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,380 Views)

In this VI , I have added a digital output to give a 10 BIT pattern for 500 micro seconds.When it is given the The application actually tries to output an analog signal of a pulse of 50 microseconds.Then , the DAQ at the same time should start acquiring the signals from the pins AI0 and AI1 (synchronously) for the 500 microseconds cycle.I have attached the diagram of the pulse timings in the file"pulse.jpg"

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,377 Views)

Here's the point: you must use only one task to acquire all channels.

See attached example.

Double-click on the VI to edit the task.

Right click, then choose "generate DAQmx code" to see what's inside.

Hope this helps, regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,353 Views)

...I almost forgot: you probably need the LV 8.5 version!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,352 Views)

Please forward the LabVIEW version of the coding as the code is not generated properly.

Regards,

Pradeep

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,302 Views)