Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI voltage reading with no input?

I have an scxi-1001 with 1102C and 1104C cards installed. It recently may have been exposed to adverse environmental conditions, and I am trying to determine if it was damaged. There was no longer power to the enclosure where it sat, so I brought it inside, minus the accessories, along with the pxi chassis and 6040E communication card.

When I look at the test panel for any of the 1102C cards with no accessory, they read mostly 10 volts, some are wandering around 5V. Only the single 1104C reads as I would expect, 0 Volts with noise on all channels. When I connect an accessory to the 1102C and touch the wires for a particular channel, it goes to 0 V, and when I connect these wires to a 9V power supply, the test panel reads correctly.

Does this all sound normal, or should I be concerned about the +10V readings when it is not connected to a supply?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,651 Views)

Sounds normal, most DAQ cards do this due to high input impedances and charge build up. If you see 0 with the inputs shorted together and can read 9V correctly, I would say all is well.

You may be able to do some self tests in MAX, but I'm not familiar with the options for scxi hardware.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,647 Views)