Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1001 & LabVIEW 7.1 Upgrade

Hi all,

First off, I'm no means an expert. Sorry in advance if these questions make me sound like im an idiot........ and thanks for your help.

I have 4 test cells with identicle setups. Here is a list of the hardware that they each have:

SCXI-1001  -  12 Slot Chasis

SCXI-1141 / 1304  -  8-Channel Programmable Elliptic Lowpass Filter with Selectable AC/DC Terminal Block
SCXI-1141 / 1304  -  8-Channel Programmable Elliptic Lowpass Filter with Selectable AC/DC Terminal Block
SCXI-1124 / 1325  -  6 ch Isolated DAC Module with Screw Terminal Block, Cast
SCXI-1161  -  8-Channel Power Relay Module
SCXI-1126 / 1327  -  8 ch Isolated Frequency Input Module with High-Voltage Attenuator Terminal Block, Cast
SCXI-1102 / 1303  -  32 ch Thermocouple Amplifier with Isothermal Terminal Block
Blank  -  Spare (Future expansion)

This SCXI chasis has an SCXI-1349 adapter that is connected to a PCI-MIO-16E-1 (PCI-6070E) DAQ using a SH68-68-EP shielded cable. I am running this DAQ with a Compaq AP200 computer that is running Microsoft Windows 2000. For software, the computer is running LabVIEW 7.1.

Yes, I know....... we are in desperate need of upgrades.....

I am interested in replacing the computer so I can have Windows 7. But to do that I am assuming I would need to upgrade the PCI DAQ, which may also mean I need to upgrade the SCXI adapter....... then I also run into the problem with having to upgrade my LabVIEW 7.1 program for 2015.....

What would you all reccomened? I am intersted in ideas......... other than replacing the SCXI and starting over.

Has anyone tried LabVIEW 7.1 with Windows 7? 64bit or 32bit?

Has anyone used an SCXI chasis with Windows 7? What PCI card do I need? 

Again, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,235 Views)

Hello James

You can use all your devices in windows 7, but it is limited on the DAQmx driver due to the SCXI devices it supported up to DAQmx 9.3 and your PCI-6070e up to DAQmx 9.5.1, so when you upgrade to win 7, you need to install DAQmx 9.3.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,135 Views)

Thanks for the quick response keroba!

Are you saying install LabVIEW 7.1 on my Windows PC (32bit) and make sure I use the DAQmx 9.3?

What if I upgrade to LabVIEW 2015? Will I have any compatibility issues with the SCXI or DAQ hardware? Can I just use the same DAQmx 9.3 again?

Thanks again?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,123 Views)

Actually, DAQmx 8.9 was the last version of the driver to support LabVIEW 7.1.  Officially, Windows 7 support was added in DAQmx 9.0.1.  To round out the situation, LabVIEW 7.1 is not officially supported on Windows 7.  If you are set on moving to Windows 7, I would recommend upgrading LabVIEW.

With LabVIEW 2015, you'll also need to update your driver version to DAQmx 15.0.1 or later.  You should not see any incompatibilities between these versions of software and the hardware you've listed.  Check the driver readme for the most accurate information regarding hardware support.

Please note that some areas of our website are no longer maintained and may not contain the most recent information.  These pages will always be marked with a banner or a header that is bolded, boxed, or colored (usually red), and they typically provide direction on where you can find more accurate info.  Usually, content in this state is being relocated or recreated in a continuous effort to improve our site and better present to our users the most valuable information about our products.

To reiterate, James, you can replace your PCs with Windows 7 machines, upgrade LabVIEW and DAQmx, and continue using the test cells with all the same hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,098 Views)