Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running windows C# program without installing NI DAQ

Hello,

I have a NI DAQ USB 6343 board, iam developing a windows C# program. Works all fine. I have a reference in my software to 

NationalInstruments.Common.dll and NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll and they are placed into my .exe folder.

So far so good. But when i copy my project folder to another pc this all doesnt work anymore. 

The two National Instrument dlls are available but it still doesnt work. I have to install the whole NI DAQ drivers in windows

to get my app working again.

How can i access my NI Board without installing the complete NI DAQ software and only use the DLLs i need in may Application folder ???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,174 Views)

You have to install .NET 4 or/and 4.5 runtime in order to run your programm on the PC. When you install DAQmx drivers .NET checkboxes are checked and will be installed. Maybe thats the reason 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,149 Views)

When i install the NI DAQ drivers my program runs perfectly its not a .Net problem.

My question was: how do i get it running when i dont install the NI DAQ drivers, but only

put the necessary DLL's of NI in the folder where my program is. 

So i can distribute my software without installing the complete NI DAQ drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,144 Views)

This article should help you identify the right DLLs to deploy - https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/14/ni--net-assemblies-needed-to-deploy-a...

You might get a better response/reach in this .NET board instead - https://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/bd-p/232?profile.language=en

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,114 Views)

I studied the documentation. I copied the files nationalinstruments.common.dll and nationalinstruments.daqmx.dll to the folder where my app resides.

I still get the message "Could not load file or assembly ...dll or one of its dependecies". When i remove the 2 dlls from my app folder the message is different thats strange. Then the message is "Could not load file or assembly ...dll version .... culture= neutral .....or one of its dependencies".

I my visual studio project i have only references to the daqmx.dll and the common.dll, works perfect with NI drivers installed in C:\program files and C:\program files (x86)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,080 Views)

Hi VeH

How exactly are you installing NI DAQmx on the target machines?  To my knowledge you will need to install DAQmx driver to achieve desired result.

Regards) 

________

Best way to appreciate is giving Kudos/Marking as a solution

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(1,838 Views)

The daqmx.dll and the common.dll are just the libraries with the user API. You need to use the full NI-DAQmx driver installer to install the .NET Runtime package as shown below.

ZYOng_0-1673529951651.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(1,824 Views)

Ik will try it

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(1,711 Views)

Did you ever figure this out?  I am working on running a .NET application that uses NI-DAQmx in a Docker container.  To do so, I need to create a docker image that has the correct dependencies installed.  So far, installing the NI-DAQmx driver alone doesn't work.  I am wondering if I need to install Measurement Studio in the image as well.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(1,311 Views)

Depending on what flavor of C# (I am on 8.0) you are using you can use the LibraryImport to bring in DAQmx.  Little bit of a pain to get it working cross platform, and as of now it is still requiring installation of full DAQmx  on the target. 

DAQmx install on linux containers is a pain. Anybody have a template they are happy with?  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(910 Views)