From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 2 PCI-6115 4 Channel Analog Input on DAQmxBase15

I am using DAQmxBase 15.0, 64Bit on CentOS-7.0  I have 2 PCI-6115 with 16Ms FIFO's.  So far I am only able to run 1 card in continuous mode at 10Mhz.  I have tried modifying the simple program at /usr/local/natinst/nidaqmxbase/examples/ai contAquisition.c.  I changed it to run at 10Mhz, all 4 channels.  If I run 1 copy of this program on Dev1:ai0:3 it works fine.  If I start another copy pointing toward Dev2:ai0:3 it runs for about 3 seconds than 1 or the other of the applications die, with an error 42, or other error, usually indicating the FIFO or memory buffer is not large enough.  If I drop the speed of both to 5Mhz they run just fine and forever.  

This is on an 8Core XEON, with 8Gb memory, so I doubt the processor speed is an issue.  

I have tried every avenue to get this to work.  Any advice if this is even possible, or flags, to get this to work is appreciated.

-thanks,
Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,901 Views)

Hello, 

I think you may increase the number of samples your daqmx timing vi can support.

Let me know the results after this step is implemented 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,856 Views)

Thanks, but I am not using a vi. This is a C program.  I have tried many sizes of samples to read, from very small (12,000), to very large (125,000 which seems to be the max DAQmxBase 15.0 will support.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,853 Views)