From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regards Power saving

Hello friends,

I just running a device in 35AH battery with 12V. after 2 or 3 days my battery voltage level becomes to 11.5V. In this stage how can i calculate remaining amph's in that battery. 

May be my question will be irrelevant. But i am trying to understand when voltage start to reduce. is it depend upon amph's? or any other thing?

Best Regards,

SivaSuren 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,955 Views)

I am no battery expert, but I can help some.

I am going to assume you are using a lead acid battery since you did not specify what type you are using.  Different types of batteries will discharge differently.  At 11.5 Vdc you have about 10% of the capacity left in the battery and it is probably going to start getting damaged soon.  Looking around the internet you generally do not want to take a normal battery  to less than 20% of charge (11.66V).  You can find charts for 12V battery voltage vs state of charge charts using google.

I you want your battery to last a specified amount of time you need to find out how much power you are using and how long you want the battery to last.  Here is a site that will give you more information about lead acid batteries.

http://all-about-lead-acid-batteries.capnfatz.com/all-about-lead-acid-batteries/lead-acid-battery-fu...

You can look up the differences in output between lead acid and lithium ion.  Lithium Ion batteries hold a more constant voltage and then drop off.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,919 Views)