Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read cold junction temperature

Is there a way to monitor the cold junction temperature on the 9213 module using Application Explorer? I am using NiDAQ V 9.6

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,718 Views)

I think it is possible, I've used SCXI 1112 and reading CJC channel was very much possible there (you need to use 'SC1Mod1/_cjtemp0:7' as physical channel name to read all eight CJC channels in SCXI-1112).

I simulated 9213 and tried using 'Dev2/_cjtemp', I think this will work. Find attached VI.

I also found an example here, this might be interesting to you.

One more link here very specific to your query.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,691 Views)

I got it...

In order to access the internal channels of a DAQ card you need to do select 'Internal Channels' in the 'I/O Name Filtering' option'.

Select Internal Channels

Message 3 of 5
(3,690 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the I/O filtering option only appears to be available in LabView and my application does not use Labview. I can't see it in MAX. I have tried to create a virtual channel but the only physical channels I can see are the thermocouple inputs. There is no option to select internal channels.

Its beginning to look as if these modules are not suitable for my application 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,677 Views)

@Tony_Dean wrote:

Unfortunately, the I/O filtering option only appears to be available in LabView and my application does not use Labview. I can't see it in MAX.

Ohh yeah, you mentioned it in the first post (using Application Explorer)... but I dint realize that you meant to say 'Measurement and Automation Explorer'...

@Tony_Dean wrote:

Its beginning to look as if these modules are not suitable for my application 😞

Any specific reason that you want to create and use virtual channels, because I beleive using low level DAQmx function VIs are much powerful and flexible...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,671 Views)