Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTSI and Signal Routing resources

I am having a very hard time routing some counter signals + a GPIO over RTSI (5 signals in all).

Does anyone know where I can find some more information on how the signal routing works on a 6602 board?  All the routes I am trying to route are possible and work on their own, but when I try to route the 5th signal I get errors that required resources are in use from the other routes.

Additionally; I also have a 6341 running an SCXI chassis; I could use a GPIO signal routed to a RTSI pin from that board, but I no one at NI seems to be able to tell me whether or not I can use any (or which) digital lines to route to RTSI while running the SCXI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,625 Views)

Hi Jed_Davidow,

What name are you using for the signals you are routing?  The article below provides some suggestions that may resolve your issue:

Routing Counter Outputs Need to be Called by Their Internal Names
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CF592CB42924F9B986256F320053C5C7?OpenDocument

The article refers to LabWindows/CVI but it should also apply to a LabVIEW application.

Controlling an SCXI chassis with an X Series board always uses digital lines 0, 1, 2, and 4 on port 0.  It also uses line 2 and 7 on port 2.

The following lines are reserved conditionally, when specific SCXI modules are used: 

Port 1 Line 7 - when using a SS/H module - SCXI-1140, 1520, 1530, or 1531 
Port 2 Line 3 - Reserved when using an analog input module 

Good luck with everything!

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,606 Views)