Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse generation using PCI 6052E/SCB68 using LabView6.1

Hi:

I have PCI6052E with the SCB68 screw terminal.  I am running Labview.  My application requires me to generate using the DAQ board pulses with specific pulse width.  I also need to change the frequency of the generated signal.  What is the best way to do this.  I have looked at single pulse generation VI.  How do I find out the connections needed for me to measure the counter information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,673 Views)

The best place for would be to start with counter/generation Examples shipped with LabVIEW.

Ther are two onboard counter channels on your PCI 6052.

Look at the attached specs PDF to know more about these counters and the connector pin details

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,668 Views)
There is a LabVIEW shipping example for DAQmx called "PWM Counter Output".  This is the easiest way to generate pulses and update the frequency and duty cycle.  This particular example uses an analog reading to set the new frequency and duty cycle, however this portion of the code can be removed to update these values using front panel controls.

I notice however that you are working with LabVIEW 6.1 which does not support DAQmx, only Traditional DAQ.  The LabVIEW shipping examples are not as extensive for Traditional DAQ.  You can search ni.com for examples for Traditional DAQ.  Here is a link to one such example to get you started if a newer version of LabVIEW is not an option for you: NI-TIO and DAQ-STC:Pulse Width Modulator.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,651 Views)