From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Labview for pulsing from PCI-6713

Hello anyone

I am new to Labview and programming NI cards. I currently have a PCI-6713 card. I would like to program this card to generate pulses from 3 output channels from the card. I would like to be able to program the shape, width and time delays of the pulses. Is there an example VI code that I can use to help me with starting on this task? I cannot seem to find any example VIs in the Labview 7.1 software I have on the computer for this purpose.

Hope to hear from you soon.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,398 Views)
Hi magnushsu,

I wasn't able to find any examples specific to generating an arbitrary waveform, but I did find one that reads waveform data from a file. This example uses a function generator to create the file, and then reads the data from the text file to generate the waveform. You will have to modify the text file point-by-point to create an arbitrary waveform. The example can be found in the NI Example Finder by selecting "Examples" from the pulldown menu next to "Open" on the splash screen. Search for "Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Analog Generation >> Voltage >> Gen Mult Volt Updates-Text File Source.vi

I hope this info helps,
Message 2 of 2
(2,380 Views)