From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outputting a 12-bit binary to a DAC using a DAQPad 6509

Hi All,

Please bear with my inexperience with LabView. I am currently using LabView 8.5.

I have somewhat of a multilevel problem, one that I have no idea how to even begin tackling.

I am trying to make a VI which will take 12 separate output lines from a DAQPad 6509, and I would like to sequentially convert these into binary code. I then need this binary code to be inputted into a single-input 10-bit DAC (with the last two bits written as 00). However, when I input the binary, it needs to be done with the chip select set at "low" (meaning, within the same VI, I want to have this binary generation and transmission start when I set the control for the DAC to low). Finally, also within the same VI, I want to include a reference clock with which I can tell the DAC when to begin / finish reading each bit. In essence, I need 3 separate outputs (one for main start, one for timing, and one for the binary generation). Can anybody recommend me a sample VI that can help me in meeting these requirements?

If 12 separate outputs is too demanding / unfeasable, I might be able also to do this with one single output line, bit I need to ensure that the timing between bits is syncronized between the two.

Thank you for all of your help and time!

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,549 Views)