Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get commanded analog voltage PXI 6363 Connector 0 Analog Out pin AO0 & AO1-Reg

I am using PXIe-6363 Multifunction DAQ Card with SCB-68B Connector.

After Commanding AO0 from the range  2V to 10V, I am reading AO0 value in  SCB-68A Connector Screw Terminal through Digital Multi-meter. It shows  1V only.

Similarly, While  Commanding AO1 from the range  3V to 10V, I am reading AO1 value in  SCB-68A Connector Screw Terminal through Digital Multi-meter. It shows  3.54V only. (Upto 3V, Digital multi-meter Reads actual value whatever i am commanding in AO1).

Even same reading is showing in NI Max page also..

What would be the reason for this inappropriate value of reading?

kindly anyone share the solution if anyone come across the same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,305 Views)

Hi,

Does the same issue cause on the other AO?

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,219 Views)

Yes, 

See my problem Description.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,217 Views)

Do I understand everything correctly, you are generating an AC signal and trying to measure it with a multimeter?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,214 Views)

6363 AO generate DC output only either -10V to +10V  or 0V-10V.

It is measurable with multi-meter.

if you are aware of problem, post your answer. 

Dont waste your time...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,209 Views)

1. The PXIe-6363 has 4 AO, you have described the behaviour for only two of them. So I wonder is behaviour the same on AO2 and AO3.

2. From the specification PXIe-6363 (page 7), can be seen that there is a possibility of generation periodic signals.

2021-07-01_152244.png

So, from your description, it is not clear what type of signal are you generating.

To summarize, if the rest two AOs (AO2, AO3) are functioning properly, most probably that the first two AOs are damaged.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,205 Views)