Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cDAQ-9185 configuration without Silverlight

I have NI cDAQ-9185 ethernet device with silverlight web support . Our computer security department want's me to change the login data and other things (ports open ) and if possible close the silverlight support. I upgraded MAX to 2024 Q2 and firmware  to 24.3.0f317. New "Hardware Configuration Utility" does not seem to contain anything useful.  And I cannot enter "Set permissions" from MAX, as it tries to connect to disabled Silverlight plugin in the browser. How can I change the login permissions and other things

and if possible, disable the Silverlight?

Thank you.

Z. Navratil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(157 Views)

@zdslv wrote:

I have NI cDAQ-9185 ethernet device with silverlight web support . Our computer security department want's me to change the login data and other things (ports open ) and if possible close the silverlight support. I upgraded MAX to 2024 Q2 and firmware  to 24.3.0f317. New "Hardware Configuration Utility" does not seem to contain anything useful.  And I cannot enter "Set permissions" from MAX, as it tries to connect to disabled Silverlight plugin in the browser. How can I change the login permissions and other things

and if possible, disable the Silverlight?

Thank you.

Z. Navratil

In a nutshell,  you would need to completely replace everything in the chassis that depends on Silverlight.  That's maybe several thousand developer*hours.  You're not going to get there.  

The Login data should be straightforward to change and that would prevent "hacks" from outside.  You would need to mess with device firmware to change factory default settings though and you CAN restore the device to Factory Default with the hardware in hand.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(132 Views)