Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx installation failed (Mac OS X 10.6)

Is there any new information about when a OS X Lion (10.7) compatible version will be available. The newer MacBook computers are unable to boot into the 32-bit version at all, leaving us with no options for the NI boards.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(1,135 Views)

Good question.  What happens if you run NI-DAQmx-Base with the newer 64 bit VISA?  This should work for all the non-USB devices?

However since you are talking about MacBooks this may be problematic.  The USB extension niusb9162k.kext is still PPC and 32 bit only.   I guess you need to upgrade to a Mac Pro and some good PCIe cards!

I am hoping it is real soon now.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(1,123 Views)

We're running with the USB 6210, so I suspect we're still stuck. Our application needs to be portable - the reason we bought a new MacBook Pro; what we didn't appreciate at the time was the lack of a 64-bit driver for the 6210 and the inability of the new hardware to boot in the 32-bit mode -- thus our dilemma. Hopefully the new driver becomes available *real* soon!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(1,111 Views)

We are still targeting a Q1 release for a Mac OS X Lion and 64-bit kernel compatible NI-DAQmx Base:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F092760FFB971DFA862578B0006458A5

Steven K.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
Message 34 of 37
(1,099 Views)

I am glad that we are still on track for Q1.  Should have something in the next 6 weeks!  There doesn't seem to be a beta program for this, it would be helpful if some of us had access to a beta for testing.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,094 Views)

Hello Scott and others,

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2892

The DAQmx Base release that adds support for Lion is released (version 3.5). Here are some of the new features.

1. All previously supported hardware is now supported on 64-bit and 32-bit Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 *Note*.

2. The Linux download now supports 64-bit Red Hat 5 and 6 *Note* along with the previously supported distributions.

*Note* - only 32-bit applications can be made with NI-DAQmx Base 3.5.

Thanks,

Steven T.

Message 36 of 37
(1,069 Views)

Excellent!  Thanks for updating this crucial driver.  Now we can all hope for support for more and newer hardware as we go forward.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,065 Views)