Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx -200279 Error

I have been running into a problem with the buffer being overwritten.  The same software/code was running on an older Linux computer without a problem (CentOS <3).  Have since installed Suse 11.0 and now receive the buffer error, -200279.  I have attempted to increase our buffer size, but this does nothing. 

Here is a code snippet:

// daqGetMonitors() // int daqGetMonitors(int size, double *monRaw) { static int32 read,rc; //rc=0; printf("rc=%d before DAQmxReadAnalogF64() in daqGetMonitors()\n", (int)rc); printf("daqGetMonitors(size=%d)\n", size); if (!daq_available) return(0); #ifdef USEDAQ // blocking wait until all samples are collected for the current frame rc = DAQmxReadAnalogF64(analogTask,size,10.0,DAQmx_Val_GroupByScanNumber,monRaw,4*size,&read,NULL); printf("ERROR: rc=%d after DAQmxReadAnalogF64() in daqGetMonitors()\n", (int)rc); //if (DAQmxFailed(rc)) return daqError(rc); #endif printf(" read=%d\n", read); return (size-read); }

Here is a summary of what i have tried to do and the outcome of each:

The error is being generated within daqGetMonitors() when it is called from the main program.  Before I edited any code I got the buffer error code, rc = -200279 within the function daqGetMonitors() as soon as daqGetMonitors() is called.  I get the buffer error before AND after the DAQmxReadAnalogF64() function is called.  In other words, the error exists before daqGetMonitors has a chance to do anything.  In the main program, rc = 0, both before [i]and[/i] after daqGetMonitors() is called indicating no buffer overflow errors. 

In the main program, rc = 0, both before [i]and[/i] after daqGetMonitors() is called indicating no buffer overflow errors.  I tried using rc as an (additional) input argument for daqGetMonitors which eliminates the buffer error before DAQmxReadAnalogF64() is called, but I still get a buffer error immediately after DAQmxReadAnalogF64() is called. 

I cannot make sense of this.  Can anyone suggest what is going on or additional steps to take to solve this?  I have a feeling this is a simple coding error...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,335 Views)

Hi d-pabs,

What hardware are you using? What version of DAQmx are you using?  What are you doing in your code?  Are you doing a continuous acquisition?  How fast are you sampling and how many samples per channel are you reading?  The KnowledgeBase article, Why Do I Get Error -200279 from my DAQmx Read VI or Property Node?, will explain some troubleshooting steps for tracking dow the error 200279.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,315 Views)
I am using the PCI-6220 with NI-DAQmx 8.0.1.  We are pulling continuous data from a set of amplifiers while acquiring a stream of video data (30 fps) for approximately 6 seconds at a time.  We are collecting 1000 samples per video frame, each of the 4 channels sample at 31 250 Hz.  I have seen that knowledgebase article and have attempted to increase the buffer size with no luck.  I have not attempted to read the data more frequently because this same exact code/program was fully functional prior to a HD failure and the (new) installation of Suse 11.0.  I have no idea why it has all of a sudden "decided" to stop working.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,289 Views)

HI d-pads,

Is this the exact program from your old system? Your new system might run at a different rate so you may need to pull data from the buffer more quickly. In a continuous acquisition, I typically set the samples to read at about 1/10th of the sample rate for a typical application.  You may need to adjust this up or down depending on your program.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,271 Views)