Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9269 Offset by 13.68 V

So I'm using a NI 9269 for generating DC voltage. For the a01 and a03 channels, my outputs are offset by 13.68 V. Is this some kind of calibration issue? If so, how do I rectify it?

Thanks,

A R

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,684 Views)

Is it truely an offset or is that just the maximum it can go to?  Like if you told it 5V it goes to 18.68V.

My first thought is that this is a grounding/wiring issue.  After that, I would say there is something wrong with your module and you should call up your local NI rep and ask them what can be done for repair and/or swapping out modules.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,669 Views)

What's it powered off of?  Sounds strangely close to automotive charging voltage.

For starters I'd say check the connections and grounds.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,660 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Is it truely an offset or is that just the maximum it can go to?  Like if you told it 5V it goes to 18.68V.

My first thought is that this is a grounding/wiring issue.  After that, I would say there is something wrong with your module and you should call up your local NI rep and ask them what can be done for repair and/or swapping out modules.

Yup it's a true offset. If i set it to 5V it goes to 18.68, set to 10 I get 23.68 (although the limit of the device is +/- 10V). 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,656 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

What's it powered off of?  Sounds strangely close to automotive charging voltage.

For starters I'd say check the connections and grounds.

It's powered off of USB through the cDAQ chassis. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,655 Views)
Since the outputs are stackable to get up to 40 volts, you really need to provide the exact wiring that you have done.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,648 Views)

@abramara wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Yup it's a true offset. If i set it to 5V it goes to 18.68, set to 10 I get 23.68 (although the limit of the device is +/- 10V). 

Then you have a wiring issue.  Do you have a diagram of exactly how you have it wired up?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,631 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@abramara wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Then you have a wiring issue.  Do you have a diagram of exactly how you have it wired up?

The wiring isn't too complicated. The module is used to generate DC voltage. There is + and - terminals. I have these hooked up directly to the DMM. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,625 Views)
If it's not that complicated, why can't you attach the diagram? You said you were using multiple modules and its important to know if you've somehow connected one to another. This is a simple request.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,619 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
If it's not that complicated, why can't you attach the diagram? You said you were using multiple modules and its important to know if you've somehow connected one to another. This is a simple request.

I didn't attach a diagram cuz I didn't see how it would help. Essentially, the four channels are used as four different voltage sources. They are not connected together. 

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 12.12.54 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,615 Views)