Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 5112 Scope Channel Problem

Hi,

I have a broad of NI5112. I am trying to measure the analog voltage of about 6V. The time domain for this signal is 10micro second per division. Can you tell me how to set the configuration in the test panel on the MAX?

P.S. The analog voltage signal is needed to do the following steps before it acquire. First, the test fixture is in reset mode. Second,
press enable button to supply voltage. Third, press the beep button to generate the beep sound and the analog voltage signal of
that shock beep wave sound. It is about 6V from 0V. It is a pulse signal. After a few second, the pulse signal become to 0V.

How can I see the signal in test panel just as in scope after pressing the beep button
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,694 Views)

Hi wang:

At first, do you really need to use MAX panel? The Scope Soft Front Panel is a better option ...

You can use external trigger to start the acquisition. So, you need to connect the signal of beep button to the external channel.

At the MAX Panel:
                - Choose "Advanced" Button
                - Choose "External" for Trigger Source
                - Set the value for Trigger Level (beep button signal voltage/2)
                - Select slope/edge
                - Close this window

- Configure Data Mode to "Continuous"
                - Press "Start" Button

Now, the signal of your beep button will start the acquisition

At the Scope SFP:
                - Configure vertical and horizontal settings
                - Choose "Edge" for Trigger Type
                - Choose "External" for Trigger Source
                - Set value for Trigger Level (beep button signal voltage/2) and configure the Trigger Slope
                - Choose "Normal" for Trigger Mode

Now, the signal of your beep button will start the acquisition

Bye.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,682 Views)

Hi,

I don't understand why I need to use external trigger source to acquire the signal on MAX test panel. Can you explain?

Because I don't need to use external trigger when I measure the sine waveform from function genrator, I can get

a sine wave on MAX test panel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,673 Views)
Hello Wang:

You can use the external trigger when you need to acquire some signal syncronized with a event (like your beep button)

If you want to acquire the signal for every time, you don't need to use external trigger, so, you can choose "Continuous" for Data Mode at MAX Panel.

Bye.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,659 Views)

Dear Marcelo Fernandes :

Thank you for your soltion.

I still got a question.

Can Scope Soft front panel make a continous data mode like MAX?

Is it immediate? are there any thing to concern?

Is CH1 and CH2 input trigger source equal to external trigger source according

to your previous mail?

I am very appreicate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,643 Views)

Wang,

The acquisition mode of the SCOPE Soft Front Panel is by default continuous. Immediate refers to the trigger type used. Here is a description of immediate triggers from the NI High-Speed Digitizer Help file that ships with the scope driver: Immediate triggers occur when the digitizer triggers itself. There is no external signal that triggers the acquisition—the acquisition simply begins immediately after being configured by the driver software. Immediate triggering is the default option on NI high-speed digitizers.

You can find the Help file in the following location: Start --> All Programs --> National Instruments --> NI-Scope --> NI High-Speed Digitizer Help.

As far as the trigger sources used, you would need to look at the help file for the different trigger types and whether channel 0,1 are supported as trigger sources (i.e Digital trigger is not supported through channel 0 or 1. Only RTSI, PXI Star Trigger Line, PFI Line support digital triggeers).

Ayman K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,621 Views)

Dear Ayman:

I got the voltage signal but I could not get the signal as it appear on the real oscilloscope.

In the real oscillospe. I got the AC voltage signal 5.1 volts and then it will go back to 0 volt horizontal line
after 1 to 2 seconds. But in SCOPE Soft Front Panel,  I got my AC voltage signal 5.1 volts, bit it did not
go back to 0 volt horizonel line.

I told you my setting. I used CH0, 2 volt / per division, AC couple. My horizontal axis is 10 microsecond/div.
Trigger: edge, rising slope, 2.5volt level, ch0 for source, normal., DC couple.

Can you tell me how to get a signal like a real oscilloscope?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,612 Views)

Wang,

It looks like you already asked this question under Service Request 7087840 to Allan. It would be better if you can focus your questions on one thread so that they are addressed promptly and accurately. At this point, please let me know whether you want your quetsion to be answered in the discussion forum or through email.

I eagerly await your response.

Ayman K

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,602 Views)
Dear Ayman:

Yah pls
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,582 Views)