Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NET clr/safe mode

NIDAQmx cannot be used (i.e. compiled with)  NET 2.0 C++/CLI when the common language runtime is set to safe mode (i.e. /clr:safe).   If I understand correctly, to develop an application in .NET safe mode (for the purpose of working with NI multifunction cards) means one must use the libraries in Measurement Studio.  Would you please confirm that managed code in safe mode can only be implemented using the  Measurement Studio libraries?

Thank you.

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,727 Views)
Hey Ian,

I'm assuming when you refer to .NET C++ with /clr:safe this is the equivalent of managed C++. If this assumption is incorrect please let me know. If this assumption is correct, then the answer is that Measurement Studio does not include support for NI DAQmx in managed C++. To use NI DAQmx in managed C++ you will need to use the .NET API that is supplied with the DAQmx driver.  If you install the newest version of DAQmx (8.3.1), during the installation there should be an option to include .NET 2.0 framework support. This should install the API you are looking for.  For more information on NI's support for managed C++, I would recommend reading the discussion forum listed below.

Measurement Studio is an integrated set of libraries for Visual Studio that include tools for DAQmx programming, Analysis Libraries, User Interface controls (graphs, tanks, buttons, etc), as well as several other useful tools.  I have put a link to the Measurement Studio page below if you need additional information.  You can also download an evaluation of Measurement Studio to check out everything it has to offer.  Hope this helps!

Measurement Studio Product Page

Discussion Forum Link
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,718 Views)

Hello Pat,

I am working with NIDAQmx v8.30 and this explains why I did not see the .NET support for managed C++.   In .NET v2.0, managed C++ is referred to as C++/CLI.   This is a bit of good news that NIDAQmx v8.31 supports .NET.  Thanks and have a great day.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,712 Views)