Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M & X Series DAQ Self Calibration Error -201295

When performing self calibration with an SCXI chassis configured, error -201295 is returned.

• The error goes away if the SCXI chassis is unplugged from the DAQ card.
  • This is occurring on both PCIe-6251 and PCIe-6353 daq cards.
  • The result is the same using MAX or programmatic self calibration.
  • These are the 3rd and 4th cards that behave this way, so I don't think it's faulty hardware.
  • I upgraded to DAQmx 9.6 and the issue persists.
  • It's my understanding that the M & X series can be self calibrated in situ without removing signal cables
  • All cards are within factory cal.
  • The self cal date and temp update even after throwing the error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,858 Views)

It's clear that leaving the signal cables connected during self-calibration is causing this error. According to the DAQmx Help, Device Calibration Signal Connections for X Series Devices, the first recommended step is to disconnect any external connections or circuitry to your device.

The help also states that the analog output values change during the calibration process and according to this discussion forum, others have seen this error when the analog output channel is being interfered with in some way. If you have connected signals to the AO, it's likely interfering with the self-calibration process and disconnecting them and the chassis will lead to a normal self-calibration. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,842 Views)

The steps in which you refer apply to external calibration and not self calibration (read the second paragraph carefully). The M and X series devices were designed such that they can be calibrated in situ. Otherwise, including programmatic self calibration methods is pointless.

Thanks for the tip on the AO channels. In our case, they are only connected to high impedence loads, so there shouldn't be interference issues, but at least I know the nature of the problem now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,821 Views)

Hello kr74i0au,

Have you tried running this on another computer? The fact that your values still update after the error is thrown leads me to believe that this is a driver issue. Try doing a Database reset in Measurement & Automation Explorer. You can do this by going to Tools>>Reset Configuration Data. 

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,809 Views)

This is currently happing on 3 seperate installations, meaning 3 cards installed 3 different servers. I will try the database update and report back...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,790 Views)

According to my experience, and like mentioned by CindyShark, the self-calibration often generates an error if the cable(s) is(are) not removed. This depends on the signals.

Therefore, I have already thought to post an idea in this thread to ask NI to change this behavior of their cards (next generation)... but haven't done it yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,783 Views)