Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logos still using 6001 in Windows 7 64

Solved!
Go to solution

We appear to still have a case in a windows 7 64 bit system where the NI installation is using ports 6001 and 6002 (which are required by Safenet). The registry update:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\Logos\Ports\FirstClientPort = 5000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\Logos\Ports\FirstServerPort = 6010

has already been tried and did not help. The entire program was un-installed and reloaded. This did not help. Is there something special about a 64 bit system? Any other suggestions to free up ports 6001 and 6002

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,076 Views)

Hi mhubel,

Yes, there is something special about 64-bit Windows: it has a separate version of HKLM\SOFTWARE for 32-bit applications, located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node. Try setting that one too, if you didn't already.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,069 Views)

I am looking at the registry and although there is a Wow6432Node entry, it is at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node, further in that there are entries like AppID and CLSID. Nothing has a \SOFTWARE\ in it.

Do you mean to create:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\Logos\Ports\FirstServerPort

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,065 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mhubel

Digging a little further I found the entry at

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\Logos\Ports

I added the REG_DWORD FirstServerPort

It worked

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,064 Views)