Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy NI-DAQ availability

Anyone has a saved copy of legacy NI-DAQ 7.5 they are willing to share?

I am reinstalling an old system, and NI removed legacy NI-DAQ from the web site. I understand NI desire to make more money selling new stuff ensure people use latest solutions, but total cost of upgrade for entire system in my case would be in 6 digits which I - Surprise-surprise!  don't have right now...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,274 Views)

Pulled this out of the rabbit hole:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/daq/pc/ni-daq/daqmx/7.5/

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 4
(2,258 Views)

Thanks, but this is an early version of DAQmx from 2005, not legacy one.

Legacy 7.5 was a late guy,  released in 2013, and the only legacy version to work with vista, 7  and 8.

here was the link: http://www.ni.com/download/traditional-ni-daq-legacy-7.5/4498/en/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,256 Views)

Here's what else I found at the ftp site, in case you want to experiment:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/daq/pc/ni-daq/traditional/

I remember transitioning from traditional NI-DAQ to DAQmx in the mid-2000's and having to support legacy hardware on traditional NI-DAQ until that job ended in 2010.  My recollection is that it was pretty much announced that active development of traditional NI-DAQ was ending at 7.4.  I recall that several consecutive releases of DAQmx packaged up the same unchanged version of traditional NI-DAQ, probably 7.4.4.

The link above seems to provide access to a 7.5 *beta*, but there's probably a reason it didn't officially release until 6 years later...

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 4
(2,239 Views)