Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW DAQmx Error -200010 occurs on new laptop

Charles,

I would agree it appears as though the DAQmx driver is not the problem here. Have you tried slowing down the sampling rate of your program or tried using an example program to see if you get the same error at the same sampling rate? 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,315 Views)

Aaron,

I have tried slowing down the sample rate and it seems to work at lower rates.  I should mention that I also tried changing to DMA for data transfer (as indicted in the error message) and that did not work either.  I have not tried an example vi though.  I don't have access to the system right now, so that is something I will have to try in the future.

Charlie 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,314 Views)

Charles,

What are the exact models of the Thinkpads that you are using. Also, on your new laptop have you done any BIOS updates to that computer?

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,311 Views)

The old one was a T42 Thinkpad

The new one is a T61 Thinkpad

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,308 Views)

Charles,

Upon looking into the issue further we have seen at least one other issue with a T61 Laptop. There are documents online that explain this and I will link these at the bottom of my post. There have been issues with the Lenovo laptop and IBM released a BIOS update to take care of the slow throughput issue. I can't guarantee that this will resolve your specific issue, but we want to eliminate this as possible problem. 

We are interested in your situation and if you could call into NI Support (866-275-6964) and then reference Service Request #1324211 and make sure you get in contact with me,  Aaron Wiseman we can discuss more details of the issue. If you could install the latest BIOS update and let me know how that works I would appreciate it. If that still does not work, go ahead and call in and we will go from there. 

Here are those links for the BIOS:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 Slow PCMCIA Performance
http://2xod.com/articles/Lenovo%20T61%20Slow%20PCMCIA/

BIOS Update Utility - ThinkPad R61 14.1inch widescreen with IEEE 1394, ThinkPad T61, T61p
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67988

System Update 3.14
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-66956 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,295 Views)

BIOS info for the T61:

BIOS VersionLENOVO - 2210
 Ver 1.00PARTTBLx
BIOS Date07/01/08
BIOS VendorLENOVO
Version7LETC1WW (2.21 )
Release07/01/2008
BIOS Size4096 KB
Characteristics- supports legacy USB
 - supports ACPI
 - Multi Processor supported by BIOS
 - supports Enhanced Disk Drive specification
 - BIOS ROM is socketed
 - supports selectable boot
 - supports booting from CD-ROM
 - ESCD support is available
 - allows BIOS shadowing
 - upgradeable (Flash) BIOS
 - supports Plug-and-Play
 - supports PC Card (PCMCIA)
 - supports PCI
DMI Version2.4 @000F6840

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,288 Views)

Also confirmed that the cardbus device is Ricoh R/RL/5C476(II)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,287 Views)

Charles,

Looking at your BIOS information, it looks as though you do NOT have the most up-to-date version. If you could update your BIOS and let me know if that helps. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,281 Views)

Aaron,

I had the customers IT department update the BIOS using the links you previously provided, but the problem persists.

At this point I am waiting for information from the customer if they want to continue troubleshooting this problem or just getting another laptop on which to run this application.  If he wishes to continue troubleshooting, I will call you this week using the info from your early reply.

Thank you for your help so far.

Charlie 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,231 Views)

Hi,

Was your problem solved, as even I am facing the same problem, where 2 PCs dont show any error but the third PC has the same error you have mentioned, Please reply..

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,048 Views)