Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Virtual Channel Configuration

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the virtual channels on a new PXI system using MAX. I can manage this with no problems (thus far) with the Digital I/O channels on their respective cards, however I have two issues with regards to the Analogue channels.

Firstly - I receive an error 200077 when I set the scaled range on a channel to be 0 to 500 mV with the original voltage being -10 to 10V. It is fine if the scaled range has the lower bound as a negative, such as -500 for example, but doesn't seem to like me setting the range to be wholly positive, informing me that a requested value is outside the allowed range (allowed range in this case being 0 - 500 and the requested value -10)

Secondly - when I attempt to test any of the analogue channels (even those with an acceptable scaling range) I receive an 88617 error, and am informed that perhaps the drivers on the controller and remote system are mismatched, although I've checked and they do match up. I haven't found any reference to an 88617 error on the forums or elsewhere, can anyone shed any light on this.

Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated,

thanks

Will
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,698 Views)
Hi Will,

The error 200077 that you are seeing is because when you set the range of the channel, you are working in the scaled units, not the voltage units. So if you have a scale which will convert a range of -10V to +10V to 0 to 500, then you need to set the channel range to be 0 to 500. I think that this is the problem you are seeing, if not can you give me the settings you have applied in MAX and details of what you are trying to do when you see the error, and a screen shot of the error?

As for the other error, 88617, I have also been unable to find any information on this. Do you have a screen shot of this error? What is the hardware that you are using, what versions of the drivers do you have installed? Are you able to perform any other tests or comms with the hardware? Is this a Real Time PXI system? if so was it built using Add Software from MAX on this host machine you are using now - or was a different one used?

If you can get back to me with some more details, I'll look into this further for you.

Regards
Hannah
NIUK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,668 Views)