Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NIDAQmx on arm64 system under Windows

Did anybody successfully install NIDAQmx in Windows on computer with arm64 architecture? We are trying to get it working on Raspberry PI 4B with a Windows on it.

In Windows 10, we get error messages of missing/inaccessible files, so it fails to install (we tried all versions of NIDAQmx, from base to 21).

In Windows 11, everything goes smoothly until the moment of restarting the system. Upon rebooting, Windows fails to start, because it does not see anymore booting devices, in our case we tried both: Windows on SD memory card and Windows on SSD USB external disk. Windows gets completely crashed, so it is even not possible to reinitialise the system using restore tools.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,410 Views)

arm64 is the incorrect architecture for DAQmx

As I understand, there isn't currently a way to make DAQmx work on that processor.  

Supported use for Raspberry Pi is documented here:  https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000004AM5SAM&l=en-CA

I've seen a few other posts asking similar questions on the forum.  So far, I don't think there's a way to get DAQmx to work on arm64 architecture. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 2 of 5
(1,380 Views)

Thank you for your input. I would agree with you that arm64 is incorrect architecture foor DAQmx, but we have tried to put them together in Windows ARM64 which has normally built-in emulator of x86 and x64 environment. Unless this emulator is not perfect it could have worked.

Yes indeed I also see discussions in different blogs whether DAQmx and arm sont compatible, but nobody seems to have definite answer. I guess we have to wait for advancements in Windows for arm proceccors. The pressure about this is quite high on Microsoft.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,355 Views)

I've not worked with this hardware myself, but there does seem to be some interest in it. 

Does LabVIEW work well without DAQmx? 

One route to go if LabVIEW is working without the hardware drivers, might be to try create your own interface to the hardware IO.  

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,345 Views)

We did not try to install Labview on this Windows ARM. For us it is of no use - we have 30 MyDAQs for our students that work with them using very specialized software in Windows (that functions BTW perfectly in WindowsARM), and I do not know any other driver for MyDAQ besides NIDAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,332 Views)