From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect connection diagram in SignalExpress after upgrading to ful version

I have a problem regarding the connection diagram that SignalExpress is trying to use when looking at my DAQ.  I have a DAQ USB6009 connected to SignalExpress 2.5.  Originally, everything worked fine when I was running with the trial version of SignalExpress 2.5.  I have now upgraded to the full version and ever since, my readings from the DAQ are not correct.  After much searching, I found that the problem was that the connection diagram SignalExpress is using for its task does not match the physical connections on the DAQ anymore.  Specifically, SignalExpress is trying to use ground pins for the signals (i.e. it's wanting to use pins 1 & 2 for signal A when pin 1 is a ground pin according to the USB6009 manual...the manual says it should use pins 2&3, etc.)

Is it possible that a configuration file or similar was changed somehow upon installing the full version?  How do I go about changing the connection diagram in SignalExpress?

Thanks in advance for everybody's time.
-Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,660 Views)
What is the terminal configuration for your task?  Differential mode will require you to connect to pins 2&3 (ai0 and ai4) while a referenced single-ended configuration will require that you wire to 1&2 (ai0 and GND).  I'm guessing this is what changed, but let me know if this didn't solved your problem.  Also, what version of DAQmx do you currently have installed?  You can see this information in MAX under the My System->Software->NI-DAQmx tree view.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,652 Views)
Sorry, I forgot to mention the terminal configuration.  It is being used as a differential input and SignalExpress still has this selected in the "Terminal Configuration" drop-down box of the step-setup.  This was my first thought too, but it appears that SignalExpress is still using the correct type.

DAQ-mx version 8.6.1

Thanks,
-Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,639 Views)
Ryan,

Let's back up a little bit.  You said that since you upgraded to SignalExpress 2.5 Full that the readings from your DAQ started being wrong?  Can you explain this further?  What was the data you were getting before compared to what you are seeing now?  The connection diagram is a just a tool to help you do your wiring, and doesn't have any explicit control on how you are using your device in a task.  Did you upgrade DAQmx as well (these are separate installers)?  It would be very helpful if you could provide some screenshots of what you are seeing.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,629 Views)