From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification of Modules used with cDAQ9188 after restart PC

Hello All,

I have a problem with the cDAQ9188 (Firmware 1.5.1, DAQmx 14.2) (Using 9213, 9263, 9482, 9411, 9221, 9403, 9485) with the identification of all the single modules after windows start or restart.

In MAX I see the cdaq-9188, status: connected and working (PowerSupply is working and Ethernet is connected). But all modules are marked with a red cross and status: not connected. If I start the selftest the modules will be identified and status connected, without doing something else. It is also working with release chassis and reserve chassis.

For our application it is not satisfying, to start everytime MAX and make the selftest. What can we change?

The Ethernet connection seems also to be very slowly, our application is working with 10 ms respectively 20ms cycle time and we get lots of timer overruns, becuase of the I/O modules. Is it possible that it is a special timing problem of the analog devices, perhaps the 9213?

Thanks a lot and happy christmas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,914 Views)

Hi Martin,

it looks like the chassis is already reserved by another computer. Can you test if you get the same behavior if you connect the cDAQ Chassis directly to the computer through Ethernet?
Another programmatic solution would be to do the selftest during the initialization of your tasks (see following link).

How Can I Perform a Reset/Self-Test of My NI-DAQ Device Programmatically:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/124D580AE300335E86256FDD006CE798  

If the device is already reserved by another computer on the network, you can also overwrite the reservation programmatically with the DAQmx Reserve Network Device function.

DAQmx Reserve Network Device (VI) - DAQmx - Data Acquisition VIs and Functions - National Instruments
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370469AA-01/lvdaqmx/mxreservenetworkdevice/

I hope this can help you further.

Marc O
Application Engineer
National Instruments Germany

Message 2 of 3
(3,898 Views)

Hello Marc,

the device is only connected to one PC by a switch. There are two power supply devices also connected to the switch, but no other PC.

I have to talk to our software development, if we can make a programmatic solution. With a USB chassis some time ago we had no problems, but i t was with DAQmx 8.5.

Thanks & Happy new year

Martin W

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,774 Views)