From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have installed NIDAQ930f2, but my computer can't detect NI USB-6210, why?

As the title.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,144 Views)

Hello happypolly 🙂

I checked the readme file of NI DAQmx 9.3 in order to find if there is a compatibility issue with your usb device. Here it is:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2337/lang/en

http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/multifunction_daq/nidaqmx/9.3.0/readme.html#devSupport

As you can also see in the Devices Supported in NI-DAQmx section, there should be no problem with support of your M-Series DAQ Usb-6210.

I would like to ask which is your operation system, because there are some certain operating systems supported in NI-DAQmx 9.3 that you can see in the Operating System Support section in the same readme file.

Are you sure your Computer can not detect the usb device? Have you tried to connect it in other usb's in your computer? What if you would go to Control Panel and check the devices in the Device Manager? If you are able to detect the hardware in the Device Manager maybe there is an installation issue, so it would be a good idea to install the software again.

Have you tried to install the software and detect the device in another computer? 

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards, 

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,064 Views)

Hello Prof. Antonios Vandoulakis,

Thank you so much for giving me so many advices.

My operation system is Windows 7 (64 bit).

Yes, I am sure my computer can not detect the device. I have tried with different usb of my computer.

I can find it in the Device Manager with a yellow "?", which probably means that there is no driver, I think.

I also tried with another computer, and it was ok.

Right now, I'm using usb-6210 on another computer, but I also wish to solve the problem.

Best regards,

Thanks again.

Tao Li

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,051 Views)

Hello Tao Li!

It is a good thing that you can detect the Usb 6210 in another computer. In this way we know that there is no hardware damage!

Below I am sending you an article that might be useful! Inside you can find the top troubleshooting solutions for common hardware installation problems like yours!

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C2D95D335DA00299862575A9006C6D80?OpenDocument 

Sometimes also happens that an antivirus blocks the services that are necessary for running the NI software properly. You can check it in this way:

Start button--> Write Services in the "Search programs and files" bar --> Run (left click) Services -->  In the window opened try to find NI Device Loader and NI Configuration Manager. Check if they are stopped or running by right clicking each one of them. If they are stopped you have to start them manually by right clicking each one of them and pushing the Start option.

I hope you will find these advice helpful and everything will fine!!

You let me know how it goes ok?

Cheers!

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,026 Views)