From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger on Falling Edge?

Hello,

I could not find any example on Falling Edge trigger Acq. for 6534 or 6110. Can anybody tell me how to trigger on falling edge, or for that matter even specify which edge to trigger on?

Dhruvish
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,522 Views)
There are some great NI-DAQmx triggering examples that install into LabVIEW 7.0 or newer when NI-DAQ is installed (as long as you include support for your LabVIEW version when installing NI-DAQ). With the release of NI-DAQ 7.4, both of your devices are supported by NI-DAQmx, so I would definately recommend using the DAQmx API. In LabVIEW, go to Help>>Find Examples. For your analog board (6110), navigate to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurements and maybe take a look at Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi. For your digital I/O board (6534), go to Hardware Input and Ouput>>DAQmx>>Digital Measurements and try Read Dig Chan-Int Clk-Dig Ref.vi. Both of those examples has a control on the front panel that allows the user to select whether he/she wants to trigger on the rising or falling edge of a digital signal. Hope this helps!
-Alan A.
Message 2 of 2
(2,496 Views)