Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make IIC using a multifunction DAQ (Labview or CVI)

I would like to generate IIC by using the digital IO of a multifunction DAQ, has somebody
experience or even beter an application example. All info is wellcome, thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,138 Views)
What's IIC?
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,133 Views)
IIC stands for a serial communication bus(serail data, serail clock, gnd) between IC's, this is
often used in consumer products.
PS IIC stands for "Inter IC bus"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,129 Views)
Hi,

You are talking about the I2C, Inter Integrated Circuit bus. It's a 2-wire serial interface standard defined by Philips Semiconductor. I was originally used to connect a CPU to pheripheral chips in a TV-set. It consists of two active wires and a ground connection.

Ok, so far the explaination of the interface.

1. You can basically interface trough LabVIEW with a Digital I/O board. You just access the digital lines and convert the information.

Like in the attached llb, Demo_I2C. This example uses normal Traditional Daq functions to access the I/O lines from a NI digital board.

2. There has been a driver developed by one of our Alliance members. This driver communicates with chips through the Parallel port. Check the following link:

http://www.calbay.com/I2C_driver.htm

3. FPGA boards are always a nice solution too. Just put the convertion algorithm + DIO access on a FPGA. (more expensive solution ofcourse). It's no really a high speed data transfer so you don't really need FPGA for the speed.

BTW: Search on our website for I2C. You will get more hits then.

Regards.

Joris V
TL AE
NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,107 Views)

Anyone kept the driver from Calbay?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,035 Views)