From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read my whole wavefrom file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have been working on redisplying my saved waveform file with success.

I have been able to save them and look at the LVM (txt) file but I cannot display the whole file, just a small section of the saved file.

After capturing the file it is in 3 to 10 157 KB files with the correct date and time

I have a inculed my main and display vi

I am using ver 8.6 and a PCI-6220 DAQ card, running XP

I had to change the .lvm to a txt to send it.

Thank You

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,909 Views)

I have resent the file for access

I left the (#) sign in the file ID

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,905 Views)

Hey RAL,

Try changing the setting in write to measurement file to only one header or no header. Also I didnot see the code for reading lvm file. Since you are saving files into multiple copies , is there any specific purpose why you are doing it?

Thanks

-Lab

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,880 Views)

I will try taht shortly.

The code for reading the lvm file is the Display3.

I am trying to store a 10 sec window of the trace when we hit the capture button. I am still working on the 10 second timer

not going real well this week.

I only need one 10 file for each capture.

Thank You Lab

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,876 Views)

Lab

I made the changes here are my results.

After changing the Write to measurement file, the waveforms look better.

Except I have no time or date and the Scales are off, The plots are also the wrong colors for the active channels.

Is it possible to add a comment area to the waveform before saving the file?

My encoder finally came in, now back to it.

I had to change the .lvm to txt to send

Thank You

Richard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,863 Views)

Hey Richard,

That is very strange, changind write to measurement file should not change the graph color or the scale. I have never seen that before. As far as getting time data into the file here is the config that I use.

write to measurement file.jpg

This will have one time col. time data. let me know how it goes.

Thanks

lab

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,847 Views)

Lab 

I found that I posted this to two different areas, The first post I did not think posted. I had system reset in the middle of sending it.

I have updated my VI and have the date and time back.

I have run several different test runs but I can only see a small portion of the total waveform.

Here is the updated code for write (main Display) and the read (Capture) files, I also have a screen capture of each waveform as I ran the VI and then played back the capture.

The write to measurement is set to Save to one file Use next available txt (LVM) one header only and one column only.

The file I am saving to and reading from is test7.lvm

I will send the updated VI later

Thank You

Richard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,838 Views)

Here is the test7.txt file I am using to for this run

It is a lvm in my saved directory.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,837 Views)

Hello RAL1,

One thing I noticed is that in the VI where you are reading the measurement file you haven't selected the checkbox "First line is time column".  Make sure that you are doing this because in your Write to Measurement File VI you have selected to include one column for the time channel.  Also, in your Write to Measurement File VI you have selected to use a header, but in your Read From Measurement File VI you have selected to start reading data from line 1.  Your actual data doesn't start until several lines down.  Try using the option to not include a header at all in your Write To Measurement File VI.  This should allow you to see your waveform from the beginning.  You also mentioned that you are not seeing your entire waveform.  What portion of the waveform is missing?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,819 Views)

Brandon

I have tried different combination of the write and read files this is what I have now.

When I set the Start row of numeric to 1 and the First row, First column to unchecked I get a trace with 5 cycles.

Except the trace colors are the wrong color and there is no time line. Also the flow White trace is a diagonal line.

I am using Display3_10-3.vi to display my waveform. waveform test4.lvm (txt).

The next file I try is test7.lvm (txt) with the read file set to, Start row of Numeric to 25, the first row and first column set to checked.

When I click read file now, I can see the names of the Columns and the Values there in each column.

But I still only get a portion of the trace.

The time line is back but it is only .2 in length. It starts at 10:36:45.611 and ends at 10:36:45.859

I can not see why. 

I need the time stamp for my report that I print out at the of each run.

When I start a run I let the system run until we see a trace change and then want to record that 10 second part to study later.

I press the Data capture button wait for 10 to 15 seconds then press the data capture again to stop the recording.

I am still working on the 10 second capture button to start the capture and then end 10 seconds later.

I cannot see any reason why this will not work.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,803 Views)