Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I begin with LabView, I'm a little bit lost

I am using DAQ and I am working with pressure and temperatures and when I test them, They work. But the thing is that I don't know how can I put them graphically and numerically together. I need a clue to begin. I have started and I tried temperature and pressure separatedly and they worked fine, but when I tried to put them together, they doesn't work, how can I work with them in the same project, showing me presure and temperature in the same block diagram and front pannel.

Thanks for the attention.

Silvia Juliana Rey G.
Enhanced Gas Recovery Lab.
Research Assistant
University of Oklahoma
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,555 Views)
Hello Silvia,

The DAQ Assistant Express VI is the best way to get started with programming data acquisition applications in LabVIEW.  Take a look at the following tutorial for getting started with DAQ Assistant:

DAQmx Express VI Tutorial

If your acquiring two signals, pressure and temperature, you will need to add channels for each acquisition to the DAQ Assistant.  The DAQ Assistant will output all your channel information as a dynamic data type (thick blue wire) that you can wire directly to a waveform chart.  A quick way to do this after building the DAQ Assistant is to right-click on the data terminal and select Create > Graph Indicator.  Here's a screenshot of a block diagram that shows this:

Another great resource for getting started with LabVIEW are the 3 and 6 hour on-line tutorials, which can be found here:

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

I hope this helps,

Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by Travis G. on 06-06-2006 03:55 PM

Message Edited by Travis G. on 06-06-2006 03:55 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,544 Views)