Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a single channel digital waveform for NI9403 with configurable duty cycle and frequency.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Jerry,

Since the 6009 only allows software timing, the transfer speeds are completely software/computer dependant. Rates vary due to programming language, code efficiency, driver version, CPU utilization, and so on.

I included a link that was posted to the last KnowledgeBase article that will allow you to benchmark your device to your system. 

Software-Timed Digital I/O Benchmarks with DAQmx

Glenn

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,456 Views)

Chris or anyone else,

I seem to be having some trouble outputing to the step input of the driver.

I can output a T/F to the disable input on the driver and this is working great (First step to lock the motor)

Next I want to send  0/1 digital output to the step input (keeping the duty cycle at 50% and changing the frequency to increase the speed of the motor).

However, I am having trouble accomplishing it.  The current should be strong enough from the DAQ so I am thinking this is not the problem.  

I sent this out earlier but once again " I hooked up my ends to the oscilloscope and I could get accurate readings up to 30hz or so...after this I could not ramp up the frequency.  I am assuming this is a

software issue.  So, I assummed that the motor was getting too low a frequency for the steps to occur.  Do you think this is correct?

I have no idea how to accomplish this but I was trying to get it to output a digital signal so I built something that I thought could work.

I have attached two codes.  The first one called "Short Version for step motor" and the second version called "Pray this works".  

When I hooked up an oscilloscope to the second program I could have it output up to about 250hz (a lot better) but again there is some software issues that are creating noise.  

Can anyone shed some light into:

1. Why the first one is not allowing me to get my motor to step and what would correct this?

2. Would the second program "Praythisworks" work in my situation ? and how come I still cannot get the motor to step?

All information about the driver is in the previous posts

Anyone Please help...thank you thank you,

Jerry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,444 Views)

Hi Chris,

I am trying to accoplish pretty much the same task, but by using 9403 on the Crio 9014 controller. Do you have any suggestion from where to start with?? I will much appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,130 Views)

Hi Ajay,

Here is a good document to look on CompactRIO specific motor control.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6143

It's not the exact hardware you are using, but it should help get you started.

-Pete

Peter C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(1,116 Views)