Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when creating and recreating AI tasks using the 6016 DAQPad

Hello,

I am using the DAQPad 6016 with LabVIEW and DAQmx.

The application requires continuous analog sampling and finite triggered analog sampling.

I encounter numerous errors when trying to create, clear and recreate and start tasks to switch between the two modes every few minutes. (errors occur sporadically also when doing so manually (not programmatically))

I first encounter errors 20312 and 20279 and if I try to run the program again I get the 50150 error after which I have to restart the computer to get the device to function again.

Error -20312 occurred at an unidentified location

Error -50150 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7

Is there a way to error handle these problems programmatically?

The reason I need to clear and recreate the tasks is to switch between the two required modes:

·        Continuous analog sampling from multiple channels at a low sampling rate

·        Finite analog triggered sampling from one channel at the maximum sampling rate of the device 200,000 S/s

Is there an alternate way to accomplish switching between these two modes? (Without clearing and recreating the tasks)

How can I diagnose the problem? I am unsure if it is a problem of my computer (BIOS problems), driver problem (DAQmx Vs. Traditional DAQ) or Software problem (flawed logic).

Can the Traditional DAQ be used with the DAQmx in the same time or do I need to change my entire software to Traditional DAQ drivers to test it?

I hope that I managed to explain the problem clearly enough.

Thank you,

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,617 Views)

Hello Ron,

Here is how I would try to diagnose the problem:

1.  Check driver compatibility:  According to the NI-DAQ Driver Support: Portable Devices page the NI DAQPad-6016 is only supported in DAQmx 8.6.1 (now DAQmx 8.7.1) for Windows 2000 or XP only.  If you're using an operating system other than Windows 2000 or XP then that’s likely the problem.  If you are using a supported operating system and you have an older version of the DAQmx driver I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version as the errors you're experiencing may have already been fixed.

2.  Eliminate software issues:  You can test your board using test panels in the Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  This program interacts with the hardware directly so it eliminates any coding issues.  If you're unfamiliar with test panels you can reference this DevZone article:  Using Test Panels in Measurement and Automation Explorer for Devices Supported by NI-DAQmx.  If your device works here then the issue is likely with your code.  If you get an error when trying to open a test panel please reply back with the error text or screen shot.

If the above steps don't identify and solve the issue it would be helpful to know the following:

1.  What version of LabVIEW do you have?

2.  What operating system are you on?

3.  What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

4.  What is the exact text of the errors you're receiving?  (Screenshots would be preferable)

5.  If both steps one and two above work correctly then can you post the VI you're running?

Also, I can think of a couple different ways you could avoid having to start and stop the task when you want to change sample rates.

1.  Continuously acquire at 200kS/s and either average or discard the data to achieve a slower sample rate.

2.  Continuously acquire and use an external sample clock for your acquisition and modify this rate to change the sample rate.

I hope this helps get you started; let me know what you find.

Have a good night!

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,590 Views)