From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 200284 in test panel and Self callibration

When using test panel in continuous aquisition, samples to read 1024, sampling rate 2.5M, it returns error code 200284, MAX version 14.5, card is 6133, same error occurs while Self Calibaration is dine using MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,979 Views)

Hi Hassaan,

Is this a PCI 6133, or a PXI 6133? If PXI, are you using an embedded controller or MXI? What OS are you running on the computer in question, and what version of DAQmx?

In general, the error you're seeing is normally associated with timeouts or slow sampling rates. Your sampling rate obviously isn't slow, so for some reason the DAQ card isn't acquiring any samples. Have you tried running a DAQmx example program in LabVIEW?

Cason

Applications Engineering, NI

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,962 Views)

This a PCI 6133, OS running on the computer is XP service pack 3, and version of DAQmx is 14.5?

I know the erroris  associated with timeouts or slow sampling rates. But I have just used test panel of measurement automation and error occured.

On running DAQmx example program in LabVIEW same error appears. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,891 Views)

You OS and driver versions are all compatible, so it's not that. Also crummy that you see the same error running LabVIEW programs. I know you mentioned you get this error pushing the 2.5MS/s rate, do you get the same error at any rate? If you pick something super slow, like 1kS/s, do you see the same thing? If you perform a Finite acquisition (at any sampling rate), do you see the same thing? And has this card ever worked, to your knowledge? 

Cason

Cassandra Longley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,872 Views)

Yes, at any error rate i got same error and also on finite sampling same error occurs. This card was working before and now I am using it after about six months

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,846 Views)

Hello hassaan,

Sorry I´m not here to help, but have you solved the problem? Because I have exactly the same one.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,615 Views)

Hi cmedina,

Could you elaborate some more on the behavior you're seeing? I'm assuming you're getting the same error regardless of sampling rate, but could you also give more info on the system (PCI/PXI, OS, etc.)? 

Additionally, please try to do an on demand read in MAX, as well as trying some of the DIO lines in MAX as well. 

Cason

Applications Engr., NI

Cassandra Longley
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,600 Views)

Hi,

I have a PCI 6133, Windows 7 and DAQmx 9.2.3. I have changed sample rate and timeout, when I change the timeout, the only thing different is that I have to wait more for the error to show up. 

The error happens for on demand read. When I do a Finite read nothing happens at all. Trying to self-calibrate, I have the error 200474, which I think is due to the same reason.

The card was working fine some time ago and was left unused for a year or so.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,595 Views)

If the car'd throwing errors during self-calibrate, that's almost always a sign of damaged hardware. You could try the card in another PCI slot/other computer if you have one. If you have LabVIEW, you could also try to run a DAQ example. If the card's having issues in MAX, it's likely going to have issue in LabVIEW as well, but it's worth a shot.

Cason

Applications Engr., NI

Cassandra Longley
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,581 Views)