From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During an asynchronous da

ta acquisition, when I ask DAQ_Monitor() for the newest ADC sample index, it returns only the odd number buffer indexes when they are available. However, the ADC buffer really does have all the data points in it. I'm using a PCI-6052. What's the deal?!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,470 Views)
ta acquisition, when I ask DAQ_Monitor() for the newest ADC sample index, it returns only the odd number buffer indexes when they are available. However, the ADC buffer really does have all the data points in it. I'm using a PCI-6052. What's the deal?!!You could try using DAQ_Check instead of DAQ_Monitor.

In all our applications we create a seperate high priority thread to monitor the data acquistion, and poll it at 10ms intervals using DAQ_Check; this has provided the best performance for us as well.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,470 Views)
ta acquisition, when I ask DAQ_Monitor() for the newest ADC sample index, it returns only the odd number buffer indexes when they are available. However, the ADC buffer really does have all the data points in it. I'm using a PCI-6052. What's the deal?!!Unfortunately, DAQ_Check does not return the value of the most recent sample. Also, polling at 10 msec is of little use when you sample faster than this and need to know the most recent sample.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,470 Views)
ta acquisition, when I ask DAQ_Monitor() for the newest ADC sample index, it returns only the odd number buffer indexes when they are available. However, the ADC buffer really does have all the data points in it. I'm using a PCI-6052. What's the deal?!!I am absolutely agree with the one already existing comment : I need data from my acquisition buffer during the acquisition and need the faster acquisition rates.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,470 Views)