From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need NI card to use DAQmx in my c# ?

Do I need NI card to use NI-DAQmx to get measuring from Foundation Fieldbus device  in my c# application? Connection to FF device is via USB Fieldbus Interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,872 Views)

If you need to use DAQmx, then of course you need to use an NI card.  But you are thinking of this in the wrong order.  Do you need to use an NI card to communicate with teh FF device?  You can, but there are probably other cards out there as well.  If you use an NI card, it probably won't use DAQmx but other things such as VISA since it is probably more like a serial protocol than a DAQ device.  If you use another brand, then you use the that company's drivers with it.

I just realized you posted in the wrong forum.  This forum is for requesting files to be converted between different version of LabVIEW.

You should be posting elsewhere.  Possibly  Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,856 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,849 Views)