Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty Getting Data from Load Cell to MAX

I have a load cell connected to an SCC SG24 attached to a NIDAQ board (the SC-2345). I have set up a Strain Virtual Channel in Measruement and Automation Explorer sooftware and am running the channel. When I bend the load cell (it's actually a thin-beam strain gauge), there is no change in the measured strain, just constant fluctations due to noise. What exactly am I doing wrong? I have made sure that all my settings are correct, but I am still not getting any data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,563 Views)

Hi muralis,

It would help others to provide assistance if you could provide more information about what you are doing. Specifics about the physical configuration along with what DAQ card you are using, what strain gauge you are using, and the configuration settings in NI MAX for the virtual channel would all help. 

Here are a couple things you could check as well: 
1. Is the Strain gauge itself working properly? You can test this using an ohmmeter.
2. Do other modules work with the SC-2345 or the DAQ card? If not, there could be a problem with your connections instead of the configuration.

Charlie J.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,535 Views)