Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device identifier is invalid error 200220

Thank u George  once again,  sorry  that i  did not attach the pic, i am attaching it now , so I cannot a create a physical channel altough the device is showing on my max tree.
Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,202 Views)
Hi Hang,

You will want to check in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to see what your two DAQ devices are named.  You should be able to find your two cards listed under Devices And Interfaces, then NI-DAQmx devices.  They are most likely named something like "Dev1" and "Dev2".  Make sure that in your LabVIEW VI, that the device names you are using match up to how they are listed in MAX (ie for the part of your VI that addresses your voltage card, make sure it matches the name given in MAX to the voltage card).

Thaison V
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,166 Views)
Thaison,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.  I am currently trying to assign the device names, but I'm lost again (sucks to be a newbie).  When I went into measurement & automation>> devices and interfaces, there were two options I had: Traditional  Daq devices and PXI.  In the traditional section, there were two cards shown.  In the PXI section, there are Bus 0 and Bus 1 wich two cards shown in Bus 1.  I identified teh pxi as external controller since it's connected to a pc,  and renamed the two cards Dev1 and Dev2.  I am not sure how to assign chassis etc, and it's still not working....  Anyways, if anyone has anymore suggestions to help out a newbie it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hang
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,157 Views)
Hang,

It sounds like you are using the Traditional Drivers.  It would be helpful if you could share what version of the NI-DAQmx or Traditional NI-DAQ drivers you are using, as well as the model numbers for the two boards.  From here, we may be able to direct you on how to name your boards appropriately.

Thaison V

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,156 Views)

Thaison,

Thanks again.  I am using NI's DI-DAQ software for Windows version 6.9.3

My boards are PCI-6013 cards with party number 188626D-02.  I believe two boards are identical, both are for multi-purpose usage. 

In addition, I was wondering what does it mean when no GPIB interface is present.

Please let me know if anything information is missing.

hang

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,151 Views)
Hang,

You shouldn't have to worry about the GPIB or PXI entries under Devices and Interfaces.  GPIB is an interface that you can use to communicate with set-top instruments such as a scope or digital multimeter, but it won't have anything to do with your 6013 cards.  Since your cards are PCI versions, you don't need to be concerned about the PXI entry either.

To check your current device number assignments in MAX, you will want to look under Devices and Interfaces, then Traditional NI-DAQ Devices.  You will probably see something like PCI-6013E (Device 1) and then PCI-6013E (Device 2).  You will want to make sure that these device numbers you have in MAX match up with the device numbers you have in your LabVIEW VI.  If you need help with figuring out your LabVIEW VI, take a look at the manual for the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers here: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/74E3CF846234B47E86256CB7005DF156
One tip I would also have is to turn on your Context Help in LabVIEW (Help>>Show Context Help), as it will give you overviews of the functions you have your mouse over.

Thaison V
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,132 Views)