Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaying a trigger by microseconds

Note that I am very new to Labview and "playing" with signals in general.

My aim is to delay a daqmx trigger. The delay will be in the order of microseconds. So essentially the Daq card receives a signal, waits for 2 microseconds then does something.

I have windows 10 running.

I have two Daq cards installed:

PCI-5105: 8 channel, 12 bit, 60Mhz Bandwidth, PCI Oscilloscope Device

PCI-6110: 4 AI (12 bit, 5 MS/s/ch), 2 AO, 8 DIO, PCI Multifunction I/O Device 

I wish to do this via software delay using the "Start.DelayUnits" on the DAQmx Timing.vi.

Is this possible? From what I have seen from earlier posts (2005, 2007, etc...) this was not possible due to the OS. 

If this is not possible then can someone please explain why?

Furthermore, what would be a way to add such a delay?

If it is not possible via this method

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,754 Views)

I don't think this is an OS restriction, it's probably a device-specific restriction.  Offhand, I don't know which devices do or don't support trigger delays for AO.

A reasonable workaround is to use a counter task to generate a triggered pulse 2 microsec after the original, and have your other tasks react to *that* signal.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(1,677 Views)