From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DaqSystem.Local.GetPhysicalChannels

I have a c# application working with DAQmx. The application works in most computers without any problem. But now we have one complaint of a customer that the software crashes on his PC. NI-Hardware is OK, because it works when connected to another PC via USB.

Here' s what I found out so far:

- Getting the devices with DaqSystem.Local.Devices seems to work. Our software displays the connected device.

- But probably the subsequent call to DaqSystem.Local.GetPhysicalChannel(PhysicalChannelTypes.AI,PhysicalChannelAccess.External) does not return any channel. I can not proof this yet but it could be the possible root cause.

Are there any known situations where DaqSystem.Local.GetPhysicalChannel does not return any channels on some computers? What is the reason for this behaviour?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,464 Views)

I have a feeling that I have the same problem as you. Did you ever get any clearance in this matter?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,670 Views)

When we have "strange behaviours" sometimes the following helps:

1. Run NI Measurement & Automation Explorer
  2. In my German installation I then have to click "Werkzeuge --> Konfigurationsdaten zurücksetzen". This might be something like "Options/Tools -> Reset Configuration Data" on an English installation.
  3. Reboot PC

After that it sometimes works again. I have asked NI if this could be done somehow out of my application but did not get any help from NI.

Hope the above procedure helps to solve your problem!

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,664 Views)