Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Tasks Synchronization

Hello guys.

I thought I understood how to synchronize two DAQmx tasks together but I'm not so sure anymore, when running the code below I get the error -89137:Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route.

I'm using NI 9403 DIO Module on on NI cDAQ-9174.

What am I missing? The goal is just to read inputs at the same time other DIOs are being written.

Cheers,

Jimmy

DIOs_Sync.png

JimKhertzian_0-1605200850029.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(943 Views)

Hello,

just found out that I did not completely read the first page of the datasheet. It clearly says "Due to the serial transfer of data, you cannot use these modules to route timing or triggering signals." So I tried using no clock and it works fine with two tasks running in parallel. The "SW-timed" examples provided does exactly what I need. It's just I need to design my loops to make sure they take less than 7µs to execute.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(906 Views)

Sorry to say, but you're not in the clear yet.  There's *no way* you're gonna get anywhere near 100+ kHz software loop rates when doing software-timed DIO with a USB-connected device.

You're going to need hardware clocking so you'll probably need to get a different module that supports it.  Just letting you know before you spend weeks banging your head against a wall.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 3
(886 Views)