Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Limiting device text box list to device "Dev1"

Hi, I have a problem with making text box list witch contain devices....

I fill text box list with function....
NIDAQmx_NewPhysChanAICtrl (panelHandle, PANEL_AIPHYSICAL, 1);
it 's ok, but next I want this list limit to device "Dev1" so I try use function....
NIDAQmx_SetPhysChanCtrlAttribute (panelHandle, PANEL_AIPHYSICAL, NIDAQmx_IOCtrl_Limit_Device, "Dev1"); 
but this function returns me error ....
FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR:   "BP1.c", line 54, col 70, thread id 0x00000DBC:   Missing argument to variable argument function.
I hope that my syntax is ok...

can you help me?

thank you for your request

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,936 Views)
your question is not clear
mention
OS
NI software version
card number

as for as i understand , analog out task does not shows the analog in  channels like Daq Assistant
in labview 8. if you have installed 2 cards analog out , analog input. and u are configuring the input channels then output channels will not show.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,911 Views)

Hi,

This issue is known and has been reported, there is however a work around; you can turn off run time error checking and the function will execute properly.

Options >> Build Options - Debugging Options >> Debugging Level = No run-time checking

I also believe that the correct method for implementing the function is as follows.
NIDAQmx_SetPhysChanCtrlAttribute (panelHandle, PANEL_AIPHYSICAL, NIDAQmx_IOCtrl_Limit_To_Device, 1); // Enables Limit
NIDAQmx_SetPhysChanCtrlAttribute (panelHandle, PANEL_AIPHYSICAL, NIDAQmx_IOCtrl_Limit_Device, "Dev1"); // Sets Limit

I hope this helps!!

JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,884 Views)