Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx 6259 Autonomous External Clock and Trigger

Hey guys,

I am wondering if it is possible with the DAQmx 6259 to do the following process:

- I want to take a signal in an analog input (will read +5 V for most of the time, with ~50us 0V pulses that occur every 1ms-50ms) and detect the short pulse as a trigger event

- Then take this signal and output an alternating +5 V and 0 V to 2 of the digital outputs (e.g. first pulse will put digital output 1 at 5V and output 2 at 0V then the second pulse will put digital output 1 at 0V and output 2 at 5V)

- I have been able to do this while running the signal through the computer but this can only be accomplished at about a kHz, I need it to go faster as I need better time resolution of these events. I know the DAQ can sample at 1.25 MHz but running the signal into the labview vi is bottlenecking the process. I was wondering if there is a way to write the VI so that the DAQ board runs autonomously to the computer, i.e. you start the vi and you are actually getting 1.25 MHz time resolution.

Thanks for the help,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,522 Views)

Hi jowparks,

Have you checked the Producer/Consumer architecture?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/en

Since your application is actually running properly but the speed is not as good as you want this architecture may seem to be the solution; try applying it to your code, in that way you will not be tied to your processing speed to acquire the data you want.

Eric NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,511 Views)