Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ using NI 4497

Hi Everyone this Baris From Turkey

I have NI4497 daq card for reading Voltage from sensors. I am using MAX to configure it. One of the Channel Aio is connected to the Sensor and when I measure it with a voltmeter I am reading 3.4V then when I try to measure same sensor for using MAX software in the test Panel I am getting same voltage but on the DAQ task for import it to the Signalexpress... While I run the task the value staring from 3.4 v going the as you can see on the picture.

Why Voltage Value going Down?

For Voltage must use DC what should I do?

Please Help me.. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,024 Views)

Did you configure the channel to be DC coupled?  It looks AC coupled to me.  The specification claims that the 4497 has channel selectable coupling.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,020 Views)

Yeah i think it looks like AC coupling when i Open the Test Panel  i return the Coupling AC to DC but is there any way to change it DC Coupling

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,011 Views)

Hi Baris,

What version of NI-DAQmx are you using? In NI-DAQmx 9.5 and later the DAQ Assistant allows selecting DC coupling for the NI 4497.

ni4497coupling.png

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,007 Views)