Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ to display individual graph or waveform for each channel

Hello dude,

I'm planing to data log 8 different ranges of analog DC voltages with NI USB DAQ to display individual graph for each channel of the fault signals. The voltage ranges are (0-5V), (0-10V) and (0-30V).  Because of the different range, the individual graphs are required to detect the abrupt fault signals.

The time duration of the logging is about 5 hours. The whole logging data are necessary to show on the graphs with respect to time and to be saved to a file as well.

Is it possible to do that? If yes, please recommend the hardware and software.

Best regards,

Aung

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,692 Views)
Have you looked at the online resources - http://www.ni.com/data-acquisition/multifunction/? You have left out a lot of details to do a specific recommendation. Missing is desired sample rate, resolution, connection, etc. I would recommend contacting your local Sales Engineer once you narrowed your choices down.

You certainly don't need individual graphs. You can use single graphs with multiple scales with most software packages. I prefer LabVIEW but the choice is up to you and depends a lot on what you have experience with. Again, talk it over with your Sales Engineer.

And please, this is a professional forum. Keep terms like 'Dude' to your social network.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,686 Views)

Thank you for your reply, I just want to get the information about the NI USB DAQ (national instrument product) and its features of data logging. So I'm not focus on the parameters of data logging. And I don't have much knowledge about labview, I think SignalExpress will do for my application.

Anyone has experiences of NI USB DAQ and SignalExpress or other data logging software?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,647 Views)
Since you don't care about specifying the hardware requirements, you will only get generic answers. You can download an evaluation copy of SignalExpress a and with a download of DAQmx, you can simulate whatever DAQ device you eventually choose. If you have questions, please use the dedicated SignalExpress board.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,642 Views)
And please get your terms straight. Logging would be defined as saving to some sort of file. That is different than the graphical display of your acquired data.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,639 Views)